Welcome to our 2023 Sugar Shack/cabane à sucre Page
We can now take bookings for Sugar Shack 2023!
403-312-6462 / email@example.com
To raise the level of awareness and appreciation of Eastern Canadian history and culture in Western Canada, the Wild Wild West Event Centre has organized a Maple Sugar Program for the benefit of Calgary and area students.
Over the past 17 years, we have produced a very popular Sugar Shack / Maple Sugar Program, or Cabane à Sucre.
The In-House Program includes:
- Short bilingual educational video of the history and manufacturing process of maple syrup.
- A traditional meal of sausages, pancakes, beans, scrambled eggs, hash browns, with maple syrup.
(Note: If anyone has particular allergies or dietary concerns, please let us know ahead of your booked date.)
- After the meal, the children are treated to the talents of the world renowned duo, Folklofolie, André Varin and Marie-Claude Gagnon, from Gatineau, Québec, who regale them with French Canadian folklore music in both French and English. Students are invited on stage to sample traditional music, dances, and of course, the spoons!
- Following the music, we have fun outdoor activities available for the children to do at their own pace.
- These activities, run by the parent volunteers and teachers,* include horse – drawn wagon rides (parent or teacher to be on each tour), three person team plank races (someone will be available to show the volunteers how to organize), Tug of War, Dog Sled Challenge (no dogs involved), Three Legged Race, and of course, the Maple Taffy on Snow!
- 2020 was the 14th year for our Sugar Shack and we have had upwards of 2000 students each year over a two week period. We can accommodate up to 150 students per day at a time.
- The hours are from 11:15am to 2pm. The cost is $24.95 (includes GST) per person for groups.
- PLEASE NOTE:
*In the following cases and circumstances, a predetermined number of teachers and volunteers will not be required to pay, if they will be manning the activities.
- A one teacher or volunteer to twenty children ratio is in effect. To keep our costs in line and to not have to increase our prices to a large degree, we do ask that you limit your teacher or volunteer total to one teacher or volunteer per 20 students.
- More are welcome on a reduced pay per meal price, if they intend to help out, if not, the full meal cost is in effect.
TREATS AVAILABLE for Sale: Depending on Supplier Availability
- First Maple Taffy on Snow – free
- Extra Maple Taffy on Snow – $2.50 each.
- Maple Lollipops – $4.00 for a pack of two.
- 2 Cookies – $1.00 (Chocolate Maple or Cream Maple)
- Maple Fudge – $1.00 each or Box for $10.00
- Snow Cones – $2.00 each
- There will be other Maple Sugar Products on sale, as well, prices starting at $1.00 each.
Please give us a call to book or for more info: (403) 312-6462
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bow Valley Students Review Sugar Shack at the Wild Wild West Event Centre:
We also have a Mobile Maple Sugar Shack.
We can come to your school or venue and serve inside using your kitchen to cook the taffy or cook outside in our trailer (we will require electricity link).
Please click on link to view flyer: